Intermitant loss of power

Hey guys,
Hope someone can help. I've got a 1998 1.8ltr focus (UK). Recently when in traffic it is losing power, if I hit the accelerator to the floor I can
usually stop it stalling but the revs dont rise and the car almost kangaroos as it tries to pull forward. After a few seconds (up to about 15) it will pick up and be normal. Previously before I realised I could keep the engine running by hitting the accelerator it would stall. Quick flick of ignition and it would be back to life again with no problems.
Any idea of what the problem may be?
Thanks
eyup wrote:

Three suspects imho: 1. vss (speed sensor) 2. battery (or alternator) 3. earthing Probably cheaper to check in reverse order. Regards

thats my weekend sorted! Cheers for the reply.
Mike Walsh wrote:

If it was a failing VSS, would the OP not have noticed the speedo dropping to zero on some occasions?
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Not seen that, just my fuel level indicator does from time to time when I know it has plenty in. No problems previously, guess 8 years is limit before it all starts failing!
eyup wrote:

Not the VSS then ;-)
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Look for Fuel Pump Mudule or power short circuit under battery juntion Box