intermitant start 03 focus

notice an intermittant starting problem. Turn the key to on and the starter does not go on. Turn the key back to off then on and the starter turns on and engine starts. The other day after driving for about 30 mins, turned the
engine off and tried to start it again 5 mins later would not start(starter did not go on) after about 20 mins I tried again and the engine started right up. Any solutions.
I had a similar problem to that and then the vehicle just wouldn't start. It turned out I had a loose battery cable.
Mojo

Clean and tighten the battery connections, as Mojo suggests. If this doesn't do it, when the starter fails to operate, do the lights, fan etc stop working as well (or are weak)? If so, you may need a new battery. If not, it could be corrosion on the starter connections, or a failing starter relay.