kayak and roof rack

I am looking at purchasing a new focus wagon (ZX4 here in Canada) and was wondering what effect the antenna has on hauling a kayak or canoe on the roof rack. Do you have to put it off to one side or is the best option just
to remove the antenna while transporting these kinds of things.
thanks
If I was to mount my kayak on my ZTW, I'd just unscrew the antenna for the duration and listen to CDs... or my wife. I would not take the chance on breaking the mount.
--
Rapid Rick
"Just dive, baby"