Key will not turn at times

I have a 2001 Ford ZX3 with 120K miles. The ignition switch which is on the steering column will not turn at times without much pushing pulling turning
of the wheel, etc. I was thinking that maybe the keys have worn to the point of not making sufficient contact, then again someone said the wheels have to completely straight. Anybody know of the problem amd a possible solution.
LMA Houston, TX

When you park your car do you turn the wheel to engage the steering lock after you remove the key? It is quite unnecessary to do this, and puts a strain on the locking mechanism.
--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Do a google search: