kill those annoying get your attention sounds ??

Hi

I am very satisfied with my 2003 Focus ZX5

Except........... for those annoying ,constant, every few seconds damm ding-dong sounds that are reminding me to fasten the damm seat belt.

Surely one DING is enough.............. sheesh

The question is.

Is it possible disarm that annoying shit ??

and how ??

Thanks

ooo........Fuddzy ..........ooo.......... snipped-for-privacy@accesscomm.ca

"Where does discontent start? You are warm enough, but you shiver. You are fed, yet hunger gnaws you. You have been loved, but your yearning wanders in new fields. And to prod all these there's time, the Bastard Time."

- John Steinbeck"

Reply to
Fuddzy

Look in the manual. It should describe the procedure to disable the seatbelt alarm entirely.

Reply to
NoRemorse

OK - dumb question why don't you want to wear your seat belt ? As a passenger in my car it's a pain because it'll lock up and slowly strangle you but as a driver it doesn't do that - so what's the problem ? In PA. if you get pulled over you get all kinds of extra fines for not wearing it... Linda (PS - as a passenger a lot of times I'll buckle it then slip the shoulder strap behind my back that way I still have a lap belt.)

Reply to
HbgpodLW

So buckle up!

Reply to
Chris Game

Maybe it's just the sound that annoys him when he starts the car.

Reply to
NoRemorse

Are the seatbelt laws different in each state Linda? Here it is illeagal unless you have some sort of medical exemption. Funnily enough even though it is illeagal we don't have the chimes to remind us to beltup.

Reply to
Andy Lee

Yes, on certain laws there are differences from state to state, in MN it is now a primary offense to not use seatbelts, it used to be a secondary offense only, ie.they had to pull you over for something else first (speeding) then get you with a no seatbelt also, now they can see no seatbelt and pull you over for that alone. and the DIU thresholds are different for each state, although the federal govt. is trying to force all states to goto .08 now by withholding federal hiway funds if they don't.

Reply to
Me

Yes. Put on the seat belt.

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net (Timothy J. Lee) wrote in news:cgks8k$o58$ snipped-for-privacy@bolt.sonic.net:

There's actually a procedure for it in the manual but I think it only disables it once - not permanently. IIRC, the procedure is complicated enough to discourage casual disabling. Better to just wear it or put up w/the noise.

Reply to
Casey Stamper

Did my post indicate in any way that "I would NOT use the seat belt" ???. Can't some of you read ??.

If you must know, my drive way is very long and there is a gate that needs to be opened manually as well: thus I put on my seat belt after all this .............Sooooooooooo I did not want to listen to more than one DING DONG............ sheesh. Thanks to the proper response which included a method of removal, I don't have to listen to any more.

Fud

Reply to
Fuddzy

Showoff! ;-)

Reply to
Zweef®

Plan B: turn up the radio.

Reply to
Raider Rick

Funny...that's what my Ford mechanic said when I complained about the brake shoes squealing on my 2000 Focus wagon..."then you won't notice it..." he said. But all I had to do is watch the facial expressions of the people outside as they'd turn to see what was making that horrible noise... Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW

I meant to say brake PADS as it was my fronts that were making the noise....

Reply to
HbgpodLW

Did you smack him for that?

Reply to
Zweef®

I knew what he meant - being a smart ass myself...but when he told me my options since Ford at that time wouldn't replace them and they worked perfectly well - I just figured when they went I'd get the green brand or whatever you guys were suggesting at that time...I had about 48,000 miles on them when I traded in the car and the same brake pads that were delivered to me... Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW

The Belt Minder is the electronic warning system to remind you to use your safety belt system. It's a combination of a sounding chime and the illuminating warning light on your instrument panel. By default, the Belt Minder is active. When active, if the driver's safety belt is not buckled in about 5 seconds from the time the warning light has turned off, the warning light will again illuminate and the alarm chime will sound for 6 seconds, repeating itself every 30 seconds for the next 5 minutes, or until you buckle your seat belt. You can De-Activate the Belt Minder two ways. First, you can deactivate it temporarily for your current "run cycle", that is after you have started your car and it's still running. Second, you completely deactivate the Belt Minder so that it never reminds you again, or at least until your reactivate it...

The first method, temporary deactivation, or one time disable: After you have started your vehicle, buckle and then un-buckle your safety belt. Be sure to buckle back up.... This will disable the Belt Minder only for that ignition cycle.

The second method, permanent deactivation: Before starting, make sure that:

a.. The parking brake is set. a.. The car is in Park(automatic), Neutral(manual). a.. The ignition is OFF. a.. All doors are closed. a.. The driver's safety belt is un-buckled. a.. The parking and headlights are OFF.

1) Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START. 2) Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes). Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds! 3) Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled. 4) Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights. 5) Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled. After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds. 6) Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt. This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.

Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds. Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete.

Reply to
Ronnie