Knocking on front of Zetec 1.6

Hi,
My wifes Focus 1.6 Zetec developed a knocking from the front. I searched a bit on the net and the general opinion was the drop links. I bought a new pair and changed them thinking that was it but it is still
there :(
It definately sounds like a joint loose or a similar type of sound. At low speed noticeable mostly and over bumps etc..
Is there anything else I can tackle or is it a trip to the garage? I am a maintenance fitter so OK with most 'little' jobs The car is 2001 (Y)
Thanks for any help
Skip
My focus is a 1.4 ZETEC SE Station ,2001, anybody can explain to me wath means ZETEC and SE ?
Thank you

Zetec refers to the Engine SE is Special Edition... Mine is a 1.6 Zetec Ford Focus SE SE is basically there way of saying ha I have more options then the non SE Focus's

The Skipper escreveu:

Check if the drop links are hitting the body of the car. It can happen if the swaybar is not centered.
Joo