Light switch fuse

My 2001 Focus wagon has blown the light switch fuse 2 times in a row resulting in no dash or tailights. Does anyone know the cause or cure. I don't know if I dare put in a 15 amp fuse instead of the 10 amp original.
But i am leaning in that direction
Murray Harper wrote:

Putting in a bigger fuse will not make the problem go away. There is a reason why a 10A fuse was chosen. Using a larger fuse could result in a fire. It will most likely blow a 15A fuse as well.
The fault that is causing the fuses to blow has to be located and repaired. Typically, it will be a wire that is rubbing against a sharp edge, exposing bare copper that creates a short circuit to the car body.
After much head scratching and cursing I descovered that the wire from the body to the hatch wires had the insulation cracked and broken badly and were either shorting to ground or each other.The temporary fix is disconnect the wiring harness on the right hand side in front of the tailight behind the panel. The biggest one runs the hatch. This results in the loss of rear wiper,liscense plate lights and high mount brake light , but the tailights now stay on and no longer blow fuses. I hope this helps as it would appear to happen a lot

Sorry left hand or drivers side not right hand side . I'm a little tired after this ordeal