Light switch fuse

My 2001 Focus wagon has blown the light switch fuse 2 times in a row resulting in no dash or tailights. Does anyone know the cause or cure. I don't know if I dare put in a 15 amp fuse instead of the 10 amp original. But i am leaning in that direction

Reply to
Murray Harper

Putting in a bigger fuse will not make the problem go away. There is a reason why a 10A fuse was chosen. Using a larger fuse could result in a fire. It will most likely blow a 15A fuse as well.

The fault that is causing the fuses to blow has to be located and repaired. Typically, it will be a wire that is rubbing against a sharp edge, exposing bare copper that creates a short circuit to the car body.

Reply to
Mark Olson

Reply to
Murray Harper