Locked keys in car

I was wondering if anyone here can help me, My absent minded girl friend has locked my keys in my car. I drive a 2001 Ford Focus. I'm not even sure if the old coat hanger method will even work. Any help will be
greatly appreciated. I know that my best bet would be to call a tow truck, but I would like to do this myself is possible as I dont' feel like spending money
thanks in advance

has
I think you're stuck hiring someone which would be cheaper than damaging the car. But there is a trick to avoid this happening again. Take the key to the hardware store and have them copy it. They'll probably say they can't because it has a chip in it but tell them to copy it anyway. Then put the copy in your wallet. It won't start the car but it will open the door, which allows you to get at the real key if it's locked in the car.
This trick saves my butt about twice a year, most recently last week when I started the car then got out to scrape ice off the windows, and absent-mindedly hit the lock button.
The car actually did come with a spare key, but the second key is sitting somewhere at the bottom of a river thanks to me taking it swimming with me this summer. As much as I don't want to spend the money.. it looks like I'm going to have to. Thank you for the responce

truck,
the
the
which

friend
the
when
Hey, Kelly. She locks the key in the car and you drop the spare in the lake. You guys need to get married - perfect match! Won't a burglar bar work on a Focus. Works on most cars. jor

friend
the
when

has
The Hardware store idea will not work. You likely have Securilock which is an anti theft deterrent. Your key is uniquely coded and cannot be copied by conventional means. Go to your Ford dealer armed with your VIN number, appropriate ID and order a new key. They will code it to your car.
Ron
I had actually forgot that I had Ford Road Side assistance still.. (for another 2000km) so they sent ama out to open my car for me. And I'm off to the hardware store to get a door only key cut right now :) Thank you everyone for the replies... They were most helpful

truck,
by
On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 21:49:45 GMT, "Rockin Ronnie"

But it will work if all you need is an operational key to open the door. It won't work for the ignition. But since the fellow's keys are already in the car that's all he needs access to.
$2.00 for an emergency key vs $30 for a Ford key -- sounds like a nobrainer to me....
Last time this happened to me I called the cops. they sent someone down and he broke into the car for me with a long piece of wire. Not sure where he got his trianing!

has

WHAT??? you wasted taxpayers money on a locked car! You fool... All you had to do was wave down some skateboarding punk and hand him a piece of wire -- odds are he'd have your car open in a few seconds... :-)
I locked myself out once (left car running when dropping off a video and accidentally hit the power lock button on the door) and called Ford's Roadside assistance number -- they had a service tech. out with a couple of metal shims. Opened in under 30 seconds...
After all you've already paid for the service within the price of the vehicle, use it when you need it.
I had to call Ford Roadside assistance some time ago to get unlocked. They pried out the top rear corner of the door and inserted a wire to snag the door handle - took about 30 seconds.

and

This doesn't say much for Ford car security - the trained thief would obviously not care too much about damaging a car and have the door open in 10 seconds.
In Liverpool or Manchester the 10 year olds would only take 5 seconds.
--
Alan
Only an idiot would do it that way! I hope there wasn't much damage to your door!

They