Long Term Focus Report (My own)

Page 1 of 2
I own a 2001 Ford Focus ZTS, Leather Auto and so on.....I have about 90,000km on it as of 11/22/03. It has been the worst car I have owned as far as quality goes. Now
that I see it being recommended on Consumer Reports, it's making me sick. One year of average reliability is enough for a recommendation??? WTF? My car is slowly but surely dying every day. I have spent $1000 out of my own money to fix all kinds of problems. WHile it was under warranty, I had over 20 problems!! Yes, over 20. The resale value is horrible. On the bright side, the car has a lot of room, and drives well. It's not really built as solid as Hondas and Toyotas, but it's more comfortable. If I had to do it over again, I would have not buy it.

Just wondering Alex...if you were like me (2000 wagon) and quite happy with the quality, would you have posted to share your happiness?
A car is only as good as it is maintained! OHH and im SHURE the oil was changed every 3000 miles and the tire rotated every 6000 miles and all the required services where done too yea right buddy! GIVE US A BREAK YOU MADE YOUR BED LIE IN IT! SENIOR FORD MASTER TECHNICIAN-23 YEARS
wrote

with
Well, I'm happy with my Focus, but maintenance isn't everything. Sometimes there are just bad cars. We had a 96 Stratus that we bought in 98, had the oil changed every 3,000 miles and always had everything maintained and checked out, and the head gasket blew up not once, but twice. Anyways, I don't ever touch the first two model years of cars. My Focus is keeping me happy so far :-p
Mojo
wrote

But 99% of the time it is! i know ive been doing it for 23 years! 1% IS MANUFACTURER SCREW UP . senior master ford technician
wrote

I have an 18 month old 2 ltr Zetec. Was left stranded for four hours on the motorway hard shoulder yesterday - the cooling fan had burnt out taking with it some of the other wiring!!!!
When I first got my Focus I loved it, but bit by bit strange rattles are appearing, a couple of 'bits' have fallen off inside (look like brackets for something or other) and now this. The handling has also become twitchy - I no longer feel safe in my Focus!!!! :-(
What I don't know is, are these manufacturing faults or the result of something done in the garage during servicing.
Ann

I have changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, oil & filter every 5000km, brake pads twice, (front & rear), all new rotors, new suspensions springs, new rear window motor, new latches on rear doors (rusted) and on trunk lid and so on. And guess what, I even rotate the tires. I HOPE FOR FORD'S SAKE, OTHER TECHNICIANS DON'T HAVE THE SAME ATTITUDE AS YOU. MAYBE IT'S TIME TO RETIRE. BLAME THE CUSTOMER, AND SEE THEM DIS-APPEAR FROM YOUR DEALERSHIP.
Some of this sounds like "elective surgury". I've learned to 'live with' some annoying things in life for the sole purpose of not being unhappy. My brother in law used to do this to his cars too. Wear 'em out and re-build 'em, over and over. He put an oversized chevy Impala radiator in a Ford Cpri car 'cause it kept overheating on him 'cause, by his own bragging, he drove it too hard. John ------------------ . . .

LOL your brother in law sounds very creative , I love that !!! Thats a good one john.

He he he. Oh yeah, he's quite a character. Not your typical gear-head who wants to "muscle-up" a car. more a high-speed cornering maniac. I eventually bought that car from him. A 1973 Capri "autobon" edition with a v6. By the time I got it the motor was pretty beat, but the suspension was super tight and it had headers and custom exhaust. Quite the fun car. When I he was dating my sis, he drove a 1962 Volvo that was real loud and real fast. Then he got a 6 cyl corvair. Reeeeeeely hot car, that thing. All of his cars have weird modifications to suit his offbeat tastes. Driving with him is always a thrill not unlike an amusement park thrill ride. John ----------

I never had any brothers but if i wanted one i would want one like him with one exception! I would want him to rplace the motors before he game me the cars!!!!! lol just a thought!

good
22 Recalls in 2000/2001 = Quality is No. 1? NOT!
Father Guido ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ I plan on living forever... so far, so good

You just posted that you are happy. I also mentioned that I like the handling and room inside. I have posted on Carpoint & Edmunds with positive evaluations of other cars I have owned.
THEN GET THE OTHER CARS BACK.

positive evaluations of other cars I have owned.
DO YOU THINK YOUR CONSUMER REPORTS DUDE IN YOUR FIRST POST YOU HATE THE CAR. NOW YOU SAY YOU LIKE THE HANDLEING YOU SIAD THE RESALE SUCKS! DO US A FAVOR BEFORE THE RESALE GETS WORSE BECOUSE IF ITS LIKE YOU SAY IT IS, THE CAR BY NOW WILL HAVE LOST ITS WHEELS HAVE NO A/C THE STEERING WHEEL MAY HAVE FALLEN OFF, THE RADIO MIGHT HAVE STOPPED WORKING, OHH CHECK YOU HOOD HINGES THEY MIGHT BE RUSTY, YOU MIGHT HAVE TO PUT YOUR FOOT THROUGH THE FLOOR BOARDS TO STOP THE CAR, SO THE POINT IS DO US A FAVOR GET RID OF THE CAR, QUIT CRYING, AND NEXT TIME WHEN YOU BUY A CAR REMEBER THE PRICE OF IT.YOU NOT DRIVING A FREAKING TWIN TURBO MASARATTI OK .

with

Take it easy buddy. I am telling it like it is. Oh, yea just heard on the news there is another recall. It seems that a lot of people are complaining to NHTSA about stalling/hesitation problems. Damn Focus drivers, must be abusing their cars!! Badraptor, you remind me of that Iraqi information minister that kept on telling bull-shit even though the US troops were 20 yards away from him. You either are in denial that the 2000/2001 Ford Focus vehicles have bad quality, or maybe you are just a troll trying to argue for the sake of arguing. There is no denying that 2000 & 2001 Foci have bad quality. People should know that, and demand that they get better quality for their hard earned dollars.
ohh buy the way ford extended the recal for the focus fuel pump, if you had one replaced you will get all your money back for 10 years or 100k this should make you stop complaining about your peace of crap! Ohh and buy the way i was one of thoughs troops ,3rd inf div first desert storm ASSHOLE protecting people like you so you can have freedom of speech! dont even compare me to him! i didnt even stoop that low i kept the conversation with the topic not you but you seem to complain about everthing. i bet your neighbors love you!!

HANDLEING
WHEELS
MIGHT
POINT
BUY

sick
SO WHAT YOUR SAYING IS THAT CONSUMER REPORTS IS WRONG? A BIG COMPANY LIKE THAT IS WRONG? THIS IS WHAT THEY DO DAY IN AND DAY OUT! AND IT MAKES YOU SICK? THEY BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF SOME POOR FOCUS AND IT DIDNT FALL APART ON THEM?MAYBE JUST MAYBE THE TESTERS WERE PAYED OFF BY FORD MOTOR COMPANY! WHO KNOW MAYBE JUST MAYBE YOU GOT THE CAR THEY TESTED!!!!!!! ONLY THE SHADOW NOWS!

with

A 3 year old car with 90,000km and you put $1000 into it? Is that supposed to be an indictment or an endorsement? I should be so lucky.
It seems to me a lot of people on these groups have unrealistic expectations. It's only a machine, and an inexpensive one at that. You have to maintain it. You have to fix it. And you have to budget for these things. I'm told at Daytona they run a car hard for 500 miles and have to rebuild the thing.
P.S. If the "little stuff" bothers you, avoid buying early model years in the future.
Just my 2 cents.
WELL SIAD VERY WELL SIAD ANN!!! BRAVO BRAVO

supposed
have
things.
See: http://www.core-sound.com/myfordfocus.html