Looking for piston rings - Focus 1.6

Piston rings has gone in my Focus. The problem is Ford Company does not provide it as catalog part (I stay in Poland) and I can not find them anywhere.
The size is: Dia: 79mm Top ring: 1.3 mm Middle ring: 1.6 mm Oil ring: 2 mm
Could you please help me out?
nebe

Surely a machine shop which can freshen up the cylinder bores can also source the rings for you? You were planning to clean up the cylinder bores before installing new rings, right?

bores
I am not mechanic and I do know exactly what do you mean writing about machine shop, but I will explain what is going on: I am not mechanic. My mechanic told me, there is no problem with getting piston rings to FF 1.6. He deassembled engine and than he says "there is no such piston rings on the market" :(. And now I am trying to find any, still without results.
I think it is not needed to clean up cylinder bores, because everything is fine, just rings has gone (it is only 100000 km milage). But - I am not expert...
Do you have similar problems with piston rings supply in your country?
nebe

not
no
still
I'm wondering what you did to your poor engine to eat a set of piston rings in 100'000km. Did the mechanic do a compression and leakdown test to verify that it was the rings, and show you the results, or did he just say "your rings are worn out"? Was the engine smoking? Did it smoke when you decelerate? Usually the valve guides go before the piston rings, and that will also cause a nice smoky mess. If the rings really are worn, then chances are you have also worn the cylinder bores, to the point that there is a nice ridge in the metal at the top. If you put new (square-edged and full-sized) rings in there, they are going to hit that ridge and not be happy. The cylinders should be machined before putting new rings in.
I haven't had to buy a set of rings since I rebuilt my Fiesta enginer over 15 years ago, so I can't really help you there, but I can't imagine they are so difficult to find.
Stephen

I don't think its as simple as that as the bores are "nicosil" plated and would have to be re-plated after machining.
--
Paul Giverin

Right, for starters the bottom end of all the Zetec S and SE engines is non dismantleable- individual parts are *not* available from Ford. That goes for rings, rods, pistons and especially bearing shells. The block is cast with main bearings entire, line bored to size and then snapped off with a machine to form the main caps, which then drills and taps holes so they can be bolted back on. Thus no two are the same. When the bottom end is worn out, you're meant to replace it with a complete new unit.
However Mahle or Bepco (piston and ring suppliers) may be now marketing parts. Any *good* engine rebuild shop should be able to tell you.
Tim..
Tim wrote:

non
for
machine
Good news - my mechanic has found the rings!
AFAIK Federal-Mogul Friedberg GmbH - Goetze in Burscheid produces such piston rings for Ford, but Ford policy is to not distribute individual parts of engine. Nevertheless it seems parts are available unofficial :) - mechanic told me the rings are original... No comments. Do you think it is good policy for Focus users? I think: not. Next time I will think twice when considering buying Ford.
Thank all for help,
nebe

with
out,
parts
The availability of piston rings in the aftermarket should be a pretty low priority when deciding on a new car. Maybe Ford doesn't want backyard mechanics jamming in new rings only as a quick fix. You need to really be hammering your car and neglecting maintenance to have that kind of wear after 100k. My last two Corollas went more than 300'000km and still had good compression, my VW was up to 250'000 and needed only top-end work, and I know several Mondeo owners (Zetec motor) with no bottom-end wear. As far as I recall, every long-term car in AutoBild (100'000km per test) has shown unmeasurable cylinder wear at the end of the test (they tear the engine down and measure with a micrometer).
TRY BAT TECHNOLGIES IN FLORIDA.
THEY HAVE BRITISH STUFF -- GOOD PISTONS FROM COSWORTH. EXPENSIVE, BUT THEY'RE GOOD. AND HIGH COMPRESSION IF YOU NEED IT.
JOHN.