Loss of power

Hi,
I have a 2000 1.9 Turbodiesel and have got some problems...
I have some loss of power/stuttering on acceleration, particularly a high RPM (i.e. when you really want to get on that motorway...). I checked the
engine and I seem to lose a bit of oil from the intercoler pipework. Anybody knows if this is directly linked? I have tried to tighten the O-rings on the pipework but they losen pretty rapidly...
The next one is that I seem to get stuck at high rev in 1st gear with the "engine heating" light blinking. It restarts fine. I just had the diesel filter changed but it still does it every now and then. Could that also be linked to that intercooler leak?
Thanks!
Frank