lpg problem with pump and tank

i have a factory built lpg focus nearly 4 yrs old.The engine cuts out when it switches over to lpg.ford have said there is a problem with the fuel pump.The pump is in a sealed unit within the tank and so we have to have the pump and the fuel tank replaced costing £1500.Ford dont understand our annoyance at having to replace the whole thing for just one part.Basically the same cost of a full conversion.surley this is a manafactures fault making it a sealed unit.Does anyone else have this problem.It sounds like ford are not equiped to deal with lpg yet

Reply to
rebeccagray

No, the pump is not intergral with the tank, although the tank needs to be dropped to access the pump.

The pump is integral with the gauge sender and the unit costs around 100UKP.

Someone is taking the p1ss.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Is this in the UK? I don't think I've seen an LPG Focus, stateside.

Reply to
Tony Wesley

I had some problems with my wife's LPG focus only allowing a 25 litre fill, the tank was replaced under warranty, although this didn't turn out to be the problem in the end. There's a round cover in the middle of the tank that hides the pump and gauge sender etc. It probably could be changed separately. I agree completely though, Ford in the UK are not geared up to deal with their LPG cars at all. I did find a dealer in Chandlers Ford, near Southampton that had an expereinced guy. You could try them.

regards

STeve

Reply to
stevet