Lug nuts

Two model 2005 Focuses have had trouble with loose wheels (lug nuts not torqued correctly.) We believe one particular garage is responsible (i.e. incompetent) -- but is there any design
cause? Have other Focus drivers reported loose wheels?
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

I do know the lug nuts break if they are overtightened. My local Ford dealer broke one and when I brought it to their attention, they fixed it for free (my car is out of warranty)