Motorlogix

Has anyone had experience of buying a car from Motorlogix.com?
Against a list price of 18,140 (UK pounds), they are offering pre-registered Focus 2.0TDCi Ghia at 13,469 ! (Plus 411 broker's fee)
It sounds too good to be true!

Ignore the list price. When I was recently buying my own 2.0 TDCi Ghia, I struck up quite a rapport with the salesman. He was a friendly old local bloke who knew I had no intention of buying brand new. We had a long chat about pricing so he challenged me to guess how much he could drop the price on a brand new 2.0 TDCi Ghia if I haggled hard. It was 15.5k and that was for brand new, not pre-registered.
Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against pre-registered. My first Focus was pre-registered but the savings over new were more than what you are getting.
My current 2.0 TDCi Ghia was a year old and had 15k miles on the clock. It cost me 11k. I'm really happy with the car. It has much more power than my old 2.0 petrol Mondeo. It pulls like a train and at an indicated 100mph, its only doing 2,700 rpm. I've managed 54 mpg driving like a nun although it will drop to high 30's if you cruise at 3 figure speeds.
Anyway, good luck.
--
Paul Giverin

www.nationwide-cars.co.uk for 13400 without a brokers fee. Just received the car yesterday and am over the moon with its performance. Only problem was their delivery was poor (15 weeks) they wanted payment by CHAPPS (which incurrs at my bank a fee of 25 quid) but i negotiated to pay by debit card and the dealer from which they purchase it keep the V5 for 6 months. Make sure its the 136PSI engine...they do make other 2.0tdci's which produce less power.

non-DPF versions, presumably referring to particle filters, but I have not found any explanation.

requirement to have one in the rest of Europe, but not yet in the UK. I cant remember what the reason was now other than they can become troublesome...its not just a filter it links in with the engine management if the pressure drop becomes too great the engine burns rich to cause combustion within the filter to burn off the captured carbon. Its a furnace in there!