My Ford Focus Carputer

That's right I said carputer!

What's a carputer? Who am I? What am I doing here?

#1 It's a computer in a car #2 I'm the guy that asked about the windshield replacement price before #3 Well I've spent alot of money on my carputer and everyone I know saw it already so it's time to spread the word

--Mike

Reply to
Mike

That's a slick set-up you've got there Mike, and a real nice write-up about it. I loved your closing paragraph. I think the rear view camera is the best part. You'll have no defence now, if you ever back up over some kid's bike : )

Thanks.

Rob

Reply to
Specter

The backup camera was on of my main reasons. Put a garbage can like 5 feet right behind your focus and see if you can pick it out in your rear view mirror. Now I know people are gonna say, "But what about the side mirrors". But do you really check rear view, left side, right side, look over left shoulder, look over right shoulder, look behind, honk three times before you back into your driveway? I think not.

--Mike

Reply to
Mike

Why is your presentation so confrontational? Is that just the NY way?

Your computer science class didn't teach you how to design web text that is easy to read. What happened to Paragraphs and Double spacing?

However it did teach you how to have lots of fun with computers and electrical devices.

My favorite bit the Sat Nav. Followed by the MP3 player. BTW answer to the maths quiz how many MP3's on a 30Gb HD = F*ckin shed loads (depending on the bit rate either a big shed or a slightly smaller shed)

Nice one

Reply to
Andy Lee

Hi Mike!

Looks good, great job!

What I'd like to know, which parts did you use, haven't seen the LCD ,seems to be Panasonic?

What OS is the system running?

Greetings

Reply to
Michael Heiming

snipped.... Just my 2 cents - maybe since I'm in the US I didn't find it confrontational...I thought it was funny and the idea neat - so how many people do you see driving with drinking and eating and shaving etc. Maybe if you still have a psych class to do you'll already have your project! Good luck and now I understand *WHY* you blocked out your license plate... Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW

I think Linda may have something when she talks about the psych class :-)

It wasn't really meant as an insult its just that over here in the UK NYers get portrayed as outspoken and very much in your face kind of people and your page seemed to confirmed the rather sweeping generalisation now that you have explained what it was all about I understand it a lot better.

Reply to
Andy Lee