Need front brake rotors @ 22k?

I have a 2002 ZX5 with 22000 miles. At my last inspection the front brake pads were at a 3 which is passing. A month after inspection took the car in
for new brakes and now they say I need new rotors. They say there are no service bulletins on this but it seems that this is pre mature to need new rotors at this time. ( i have a Toyota Corolla with 87000 miles and have not needed them). Has anyone heard or have had a similar problem?

Mine needed to be replaced at 16,000 miles (2001 wagon). I went to a brake supply store and bought good quality parts for a third of the price Ford wanted. Replaced them myself, it's not hard. I couldn't bear to put the same crappy Ford parts on my car and have them wear out in another 15,000 miles. Now after 10,000 miles there's not any wear on the rotors. Since I had the car inspected at 15,000 miles I complained to the dealer and they reimbursed me for the cost of the parts. I'm not happy with Ford quality but I still like my Focus.

in
not
my 2003 ZTW has only 1500 miles and top part of the front rotor is wearing down faster than the rest of the rotor. You can actually see a groove on the rotor. I don't think this is normal. Why is the happening?

I got 'lucky' and mine lasted 58,000 on my SE wagon. BUT, reading through the Ford Sevice CD on the 2001, it states that the brake pads are 'designed' to 'machine' the rotors as the brakes wear, thus not requiring the rotors to have to be machined when replacing pads. It appears as if the pads do not always machine the rotors 'true'. I replaced mine with a set of Brembo OEM replacement rotors from Tire Rack, and so far they've been great.
I have the same problem. The brakes have been 'pulsing' for the last 2k miles and I only have about 20k on them. I'm also fairly easy on the brakes! I was told at my last inspection last month that I would need new brakes soon. Looks like I'll follow your advice and replace with Brembo parts - any problems with the replacement operation?