Need to get UK remote fob, but only 1 key. how?

When I bought my car (second hand), I was only given 1 blue key, I did ask about a remote but they said it didn't have one. I was then told by a friend that I could get a remote from either an alarm place or from ford. Spoke to ford, and they said since I had only one blue key, they would have to take the car into garage and total cost would be =A3172 for a programmed remote keyfob - whereas the fob is only around =A350.

Is there cheaper way of doing this? I know I need 2 keys, but how do I go about getting the 2nd key cheap?

Cheers!!

Gary

Reply to
Gazarino

buy a blank from eBay

Is there cheaper way of doing this? I know I need 2 keys, but how do I go about getting the 2nd key cheap?

Cheers!!

Gary

Reply to
Mark C.

Is there cheaper way of doing this? I know I need 2 keys, but how do I go about getting the 2nd key cheap?

Cheers!!

Gary

Reply to
o00o

Whereabouts are you Gary??

Reply to
o00o

Yebbut you need two keys present in order to programme a 3rd.

The OP will still need to visit a dealer to have the car accept the new keys.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Reply to