Neon eating starters?

This car is high mileage and a few years old but runs good.

I took the car in to midas on last wednesday and they somehow determined that it was the starter. this starter is still under warranty, it was just purchased, along with a new battery in march of this year. they told me that they tried putting two new starters in the car, but neither of those worked. so they began looking for some other reason that was causing the starters to short out. They found a blown fuse and replaced that and tried again on thursday to put the 2nd new starter they had tried back in the car, but it still didn't work. they've called some other mechanics, including one who worked at a dealership for consultation on the problem and the consensus seems to be that there is a problem deep within the electrical system of the car which midas is not able to determine because they don't usually do that kind of work. .... they have checked all other points that could be causing a problem and found nothing else wrong, for instance the battery is fine, the alternator is fine, there is oil in the car and gas in the tank.

HELP!

Reply to
Tech 22

Were you able to get an answer to what the problem was? It sounds like it's the starter circuit. I just had the same thing happen to me and I'm gettin gready to diagnose the problem. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
96NEON