new engine 1.6 uk focus

any one else heard of a engine requiring replacement after 40K miles? dealer quoting £2K GBP

Reply to
j*

No, what happened to yours?

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Mines fine, it's a friends sisters. Loosing/burning oil like no tomorrow, dealer says diagnostics show "replace engine"

Reply to
j*

Blimey not good.

Is there any reason of abuse or lack of maintanace that might have caused this? Sounds like shattered piston rings to me or something...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

full service history, i think the same

Reply to
j*

we have replaced one at work - burning oil. 1.6 50k on it. from what i remember it was supplied and fitted under £1k.

If i can help then email me. london/essex area.

MC.

---------

Reply to
Mark C.

we are in Yorkshire do you know any one up here with a reasonable price?

Reply to
j*