new engine 1.6 uk focus

any one else heard of a engine requiring replacement after 40K miles? dealer quoting 2K GBP

dealer
No, what happened to yours?
Tim..
Mines fine, it's a friends sisters. Loosing/burning oil like no tomorrow, dealer says diagnostics show "replace engine"

Blimey not good.
Is there any reason of abuse or lack of maintanace that might have caused this? Sounds like shattered piston rings to me or something...
Tim..
full service history, i think the same

tomorrow,
we have replaced one at work - burning oil. 1.6 50k on it. from what i remember it was supplied and fitted under 1k.
If i can help then email me. london/essex area.
MC.
---------

we are in Yorkshire do you know any one up here with a reasonable price?

miles?