New Focus, New Misfire

I have recently bought a 2000 Focus 1.6 Zetec to replace a 1999 Focus that had a bad misfire. And guess what, the new one has a misfire now as well. Great.
The new misfire is much more severe, is constant and deteriorating fast. It is also accompanied by many electrical problems - the interior light, heated screens, rear wiper, reverse light have all stopped working, and the "door open" warning light flashes on now and again. Also the speedo jumps when the engine misfires (about +/- 10mph).
I read in a previous post that the speedo problem and the misfire could be associated with the coil shorting, but could this really cause all the other anscilliary problems?
Anyone had a similar problem? Any thoughts on what may be causing this?
Cheers,
Andrew

Coil pack. Absolute dead certainty.
And yes it can, and worse. Personnally I would NOT start the car now until you have replaced the coil pack.
You may have already blown the CTU from the HT spikes, you dont want a blown ECU too, there is only so much they can stand.
Check the CHT wiring too- I assume your car has had the mod to the wiring?
Tim..
a coil pack will cure the misfire
all them other problems go through the GEM module (drivers footwell) check all fuses and earth leads, clear any fault codes roadtest then see wot fault codes appear after that
Well, that was easier to cure than the last misfire I had! Coil pack it was. I put an old one on that I took off my previous Focus whilst I was trying to find the previous misfire. It's running fine now but obviously all the random electrical problems still need to be sorted out. I did hear that it was a bad idea to put on a second-hand coil pack though - do you think it's worthwhile spending the money and putting a new one on?
Thanks for your help!
Andrew

When my coil pack failed recently I got two engine error codes and the yellow engine light. Since the coil pack was replaced, and the engine light reset, no other problems have been seen. The error codes were totally unrelated to the actual problem and probably caused by inference from the faulty coil getting back into the engine management system
Have you still got the other electrical problems or has the coil pack sorted them out. The engine warning light may be on as a result of the previous problem. If so, you just need the light to be reset.
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com

Alan,
As expected, all electrical problems except the irractic speedo remained after I replaced the coil. These were all sorted by securing some loose wiring in the fusebox, so it appears that it was purely coincidence that the misfire and electrical problems occured at the same time.
All's running smoothly for now though. Thanks again,
Andrew
Andrew, you might want to get an updated coilpack when possible. They have a newer version out that supposedly fixes this coil problem. -Gary