Next generation Focus

I've been searching on the web for information and pictures rergarding the next generation Focus which I believe will be on sale in the UK later this year, but without much luck. I think Ford probably still have it tightly under wraps.

Does anyone have any links to any information on the new Focus?

Reply to
Martin

Have had a screening in germany earlier last month, cant say alot though other than think of a C-Max turned back into a Focus. Its still a Focus, but with a much higher quality look and feel to it.

If you have a look at the new Volvo S40 and imagine a Ford badge and more hatchback-ie. That might give you a clearer picture, if you get what I mean.

If Vx think their new Astra handles well, they are gunna be quite miffed when the new focus gets roadtested.... There will be a 4x4 version in all probability but engine is un decided as yet. The volvo 5 cylinder turbo is good, powerful and meets euro 4 emissions but volvo is yet unwilling to let ford use it. So it may be a turbo-ed duratec 4 banger.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

In message , Martin wrote

Why bother? From posts to this group the only people with major problems are those who seem to have bought a car within the first year of launch. If a new Focus is different to that with all the early bugs fixed why risk buying something new and unknown - at a premium price?

Reply to
Alan

I understand the European Focus will be similar to the Mazda3, which is now on sale in some markets and has been written up in many places.

The North American 2005 Focus is closer to the old one (apparently Ford decided that the Mazda3 was too heavy for use here). You can see info on it on the Ford Canada website (but not, surprising, Ford U.S.A.)

Reply to
Dave Gower

The Mazda3 is currently on sale in the UK and on my list of possible new cars. I will be looking to change around July/August time, at the moment I am leaning towards another Focus, but don't know whether to get the current model or wait a bit longer for the new one.

On the one hand if you get the current model you will have a car that within a short time will be the "old" Focus, but if I wait and buy the new one you have to contend with all the teething problems new models seem to suffer from, as a previous poster pointed out.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Here is a bit which I posted in February in relation to the Focus C-max. This refers to a roadtest of the new Mazda 323 which is the same floorpan etc. To have a report of the C-max being hard to handle in that it is very finely tuned (ie to the limit of the +ACI-normal+ACI- driver PLUS to have another write-up which criticises the handling of the Mazda would seem to me that the design of the +ACI-floorpan+ACI- may not be quite right at the moment... In case anyone is interested in reading the article, I repeat the bit I posted previously here:-

Repeated portion: Now this doubt about the handling. I have just got the Telegraph Motoring email and there is a feature on the new Mazda 3 which is based (with the Volvo S40 etc) on the +ACI-new+ACI- Focus floorpan. The report is at

(I did start to quote from it but of course it is covered by copyright but it mentions being let down by skittish handling, attempts to breakaway when cornering only being saved by brutish efforts of the electronic stability package to stop the slide and descriptions of the handling as both

+ACI-tricky+ACI- and +ACI-excitable+ACI-).

Looks like Ford may be following Mercedes A class into a real Moose/Mess?????????????????

At least it says that on country roads the +ACI-old+ACI- Focus will eat the new car alive - methinks this doesn't bode well for the new Focus

End of repeated portion Justin Case ps There were +ACI-spy+ACI- pictures of the new Focus undergoing trials on the Channel 4 motoring section

+AD4- +AD4- +AD4- +AD4- +AD4- I've been searching on the web for information and pictures rergarding the +AD4- +AD4- next generation Focus which I believe will be on sale in the UK later this +AD4- +AD4- year, but without much luck. I think Ford probably still have it tightly +AD4- +AD4- under wraps. +AD4- +AD4- +AD4- +AD4- Does anyone have any links to any information on the new Focus? +AD4- +AD4- I understand the European Focus will be similar to the Mazda3, which is now +AD4- on sale in some markets and has been written up in many places. +AD4- +AD4- The North American 2005 Focus is closer to the old one (apparently Ford +AD4- decided that the Mazda3 was too heavy for use here). You can see info on it +AD4- on the Ford Canada website (but not, surprising, Ford U.S.A.) +AD4- +AD4-
Reply to
Justin Case

Short is right! No news there.

I like the styling of the current model. The coming model seems more conservative. The Mazda 3 doesn't do it for me. I won't be able to afford it, but I'm waiting to see how Volvo does with their version.

Rob

--------------------------

"MCC" wrote ...

Reply to
Basic Wedge

" Tim (Remove NOSPAM." wrote in news:c4ksp5$k6b$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com...

Ford owns 100% of Volvo Cars. Volvo cannot tell Ford they are "unwilling". Ford on the other hand is clearly unwilling to use turbo engines in family cars. /per

Reply to
per

"Basic Wedge" wrote in news:J9Bbc.17703$oR5.6604@pd7tw3no...

The new Volvos are already there! see:

on "new S40" and V50./per

Reply to
per

I was talking specifically about the 4x4 cosworth version of the new Focus. And yes, Volvo is "unwilling" to let Ford use their 5 pot to power it.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

" Tim (Remove NOSPAM." wrote in news:c4mr9m$cp$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com...

Volvo Cars have their relative freedom because they make a lot of money for Ford. But, if the 5 cylinder engine were of real strategic value for Ford branded cars, they would have it this instant. American Ford are now using the large Volvo P2 platform for new models, like the Ford Freestyle. I'm sure Volvo may be "unwilling" regarding this too, but money talks and Ford is in charge. /per

Reply to
per