No MAF on Focus 1.6?

Hey, anyone know if the MAF was actually removed from the 1.6? I just saw a 2002 Ghia 1.6 with only a bridging tube where the MAF is supposed to be and no connector anywhere...At first I thought it was some kind of modification but wouldn't there be an error code registered and the fault light on if so? Strange..

Reply to
booyoo

it is not located where it used to be is the only thing i can say lol - i have a 2002 1.6 and the MAF is not on the air intake thingy pipe lol - its somewhere else!

'99 BMW 840 Ci Sport

Alex

a 2002 Ghia 1.6 with only a bridging tube where the MAF is supposed to be and no connector anywhere...At first I thought it was some kind of modification but wouldn't there be an error code registered and the fault light on if so? Strange..

Haven't they gone to a manifold mounted MAP sensor now?

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.