non standard wiper blades

Just fitted new wiper blades, but I notice that the drivers side / windscreen one doesn't have the aerofoil blade on it - does anybody know what effect this is likely to have?
I am sure Mr Ford wouldn't have fitted the aerofoil if it wasn't necessary!
TIA
RWA
they only put the foil on the driver blade. being more in the centre of the bonnet it has a tendency to lift when you approach warp speed.
RWA wrote:

the
Even with a spoiler on the 24inch drivers side ( go to 24" drivers, 18" passenger to lessen the dribble zone in the middle) blade, they still lift off the screen at around 90mph...
(on a track, obviously....;o) )
Tim..
no, in his driveway, and school zones, eye closed of course