oil use

Hi all on Focus,

We own a Focus 1.6 from year 2000, just bought it begin of October

This car uses a lot of oil, like 1 litre on 300 km's.

The bottom of the engine (under the car) is not wet, but the gearbox bottom is. We don't have black clouds behind the car and the car is driving normal.

Luckely we have garantie on our car and the garage will work on it next Wednesday, but maybe someone recognise this problem..?

Apologize for some bad English words, we're Dutch...

Anyone can help?

J & E

Reply to
J. Menzinga

There are several possible causes for your car's problem. The important thought is that this condition is not right. You are, indeed, fortunate to still have warranty coverage, and, hopefully, your mechanic will resolve the issue.

Your English is just fine. It's good to hear from a Dutch owner. I hope you'll favor us by letting us know how things turn out for you.

Best of luck.

Rob

"J. Menz> We own a Focus 1.6 from year 2000,

Reply to
Specter

"J. Menzinga" wrote

I would guess a pinhole leak in the oil filter, squirting onto the bottom of the gearbox. It can happen if someone uses a wrench intended for removal while tightening it. It should be tightened by hand.

Reply to
Dave Gower