OK...dumb question

I'm sure someone has said this before but I will ask as I had it happen last night but haven't found it in my owners manual - yet. Do this stupid car relock
itself after you unlock it ??? I have a 2003 ZX5 and my previous car was a 2000 Focus wagon that didn't do it...We were standing after bingo last night by my car and had unlocked the doors - talking - and after about 2 minutes we heard a click. I had to reopen the doors and thought maybe it was a fluke or had hit it locked. But it happened again when I got home...anyone else notice this as I'm going to get a spare key to carry...in case. Thanks.... Linda
(HbgpodLW) wrote:

last
relock
a 2000

by my

heard a

hit it

as I'm

Just a thought about the spare key... it's cheaper to just get a regular copy of the key from a locksmith that way you can open the door and get to the keys that will start the engine. Also easier to keep the key in a wallet or purse without the bulge of the chip part.
--Mike
When the Focus came out in 2000 there was a great article in Automobile Magazine (had picked the Focus as Car of the Year) on a drive one of the Editors took. It was in a cold climate. He stopped in the country to relieve himself on his way to somewhere. He left his coat in the car and stepped out. While standing there taking care of business he heard a loud click. This was his introduction to the auto lock mechanism. He could not get back in the car. Fortunately, he had a cell phone with him and was able to summon help. Pretty funny though. I myself hate this feature. jor

last
relock
2000
my