P1709 Park/Neutral Position Switch out of range

My check engine light came on on my way to work this morning. I took it to a local garage after work and they checked the diagnostics on the on-board
computer. The code that came up was: P1709 Park/Neutral Switch out of range.
Does anyone have any experience with this issue? If so, please tell me what I can expect as far as repair costs and so forth.