passed MOT

I've had my ten year old Focus for nearly one year now and today I took it in for the inevitable dreaded MOT test.
Happy to say it is a decent car especially after all the MOT
failures I've had on the old Escort it replaced, anyway it was very refreshing to learn it had easily passed the MOT ;)
Stephen.
--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:40:52 +0000, stephen.hull wrote:

I had my ten year old Focus for ten years ;-)
Brilliant car, and I'm just as happy with the '03 one I bought after the old one lost an argument with the back of a Discovery.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Sorry to hear about your mishap Chris, was it recently?
Brilliant car indeed, I can honestly say this is the best car (2001 Focus Estate) I've ever owned, Its a low mileage and I've only added 3,605 miles in the past year so the car should last a few more years yet if I can avoid Disco's or similar mishaps ;)
Stephen.
--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:54:02 +0000, stephen.hull wrote:

Last October on a holiday trip to Norfolk; I was a bit upset as I'd wanted to keep the car as long as it was viable to do so.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

I thought the incident might have been in the recent icy weather we've been having.
Anyway the wife's Focus 1.8 collection has sprung a leak from the thermostat housing and I intend to replace this myself and know its about 80 quid from the main dealer for a replacement housing and thermostat etc, but if I do it myself is there anything else I need to be aware of like do I use a silicon sealant or does it come with new rubber seals that don't require sealant etc?
Stephen.