Pirelli P6

So, finally broke down and replaced the oe Firestones on my '01 ZX3. Was considering Falkens-price and good reviews-kid at the shop talked me into Pirelli Cinturato P6's. They were priced about $30 above the Falkens, which I would have had to order from Discount Tire online then had installed at the store. Funny that they would try to steer me away from purcahsing tires through their website, could be they were trying to push inventory they had in stock. Kid screwed up? when he quoted me the price, thought I had 15's, which he quoted me on. Had to knock more off the price when someone else noted the mistake. First thing about my new tires, the cd player rarely skips, and it doesn't feel like I'm going to bend a rim when I hit a bump in the road. Had no idea the ride on the Firestones was so hard. They seem to have pretty good grip too, still waiting to try them out in the rain. And one last thing, a lot quieter than the stones.

John Cairns

Reply to
John Cairns

Trouble with P6's is the sidewall is somewhat soft and the tire does not stand up well to sidewall impacts.

John Cairns

Reply to
Henri

I have the 2003 ZTW with the 205 P6s on 16 inch wheels. Very happy with them. They do stick very well, even in the rain. I have heard they have sidewall problems so I have just avoided running into curbs and potholes. No sidewall problems so far. I have about 38 thousand kilometers on them with a good bit of tread left. Nice tires. I have seen some very good write ups on Goodrich Traction TA. Will likely try them next.

Reply to
Way

My 03 ZTW came with Pirelli P6s on 16 inch wheels and they were real nice tires while they lasted--worked great on snow/ice/rain but, like true Pirellis were hosed after 20k (and I don't drive hard). Two of them cupping really bad, and I rotated them every 5k. Same thing back when I had a GTI many years ago. Great handling tires, just don't last. I got the Falkens (Discount Tire online) and so far, very sweet (about 5k on them).

Reply to
Okidiver