Pirellis in the snow

My Daughter has a 2003 Focus ZTW. It's early days yet (only 3000 Km) but it's a great little car. Lots of power for a small engine, and holds the road like glue. We live in Ontario, Canada, and I was wondering if she will
have any problems in the snow. The tires are Pirellis, 205/ 50 R16's. I would really appreciate any advice from focus owners. Thanks, Geoff.
--
Take Care,
Geoff

I have the same car here in nb. I put some winter tires on, 205/55 r16's just to be safe. Weren't too expensive, $500 installed. May even stud them.....
Rich

will
Do you have any trouble with incorrect speedo reading due to the larger tire diameter? We aren't allowed to use studs anymore in Ontario. Geoff

Nope. The Ford dealership here suggested them...

but
the
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, Geoff wrote:

Geoff,
Are the Pirellis a quiet or noisy tire? I have a set of Coopers on mine and they are driving me out of the car with their noise level. Great on snow and rain, but noisy.
Thanks,
Doug
No, They seem quite good. don't notice any undue noise. Geoff

will
My Opinion on previous post to Linda.
I own a Canadian Spec 2002 ZX5 and it came standard with 205/50/16. I have installed steel 14" rims with a set of Goodyear Ultra Grips P185/70/14. The important figure is the Overall Diameter which is 24" which is the OD for my summer and winters. The narrower the tire the better it is in the snow. They run great and you should not have any problems with clearance. I hope this helps you out. Mike
I live in North Bay where we got lots of snow last year.

will

Yes she will. These are too wide. See the thread immediately under yours called "snow tires and wheels".
My 03 ZTW with the Pirellis handles just fine in the snow and ice here in NoDak (city driving). I was actually pleasantly surprised, as I expected the fat wheels to be horrid. I do have all that fancy advance trac & traction control & ABS stuff, but don't ever need it, as I just slow down a bit and take off from starts a bit slower. Was going to buy snow tires, but now I don't see the need.
--
Raider Rick
"Just drive, baby"

but
I'm lucky enough to live within XC skiing distance to work. My secret plan is to ski to work until the roads are reasonably clear to drive. This will be fun...
--
Raider Rick
"Just drive, baby"