Planning to buy a Ford Focus.

You can buy aftermarket alloy wheels relatively cheaply. The downside with alloy wheels is that you probably get a grotty little spacesaver spare tyre.

Climate Control is Air Conditioning with a thermostat. I wouldn't say no, but its not essential

They aren't that expensive to fit as an after market accessory.

Personally I would go for these, and they aren't going to be easy to retrofit.

Personally I would go for these, and they aren't going to be easy to retrofit.

I wanted ABS and the heated windscreen. When I bought my LX, that meant getting both the Reflex pack (ABS, traction control and side airbags) and the Comfort pack (heated windscreen, manual sunroof and heated mirrors). With a Zetec the comfort pack has A/C instead of the sunroof, but A/C is standard on an LX.

I wouldn't pay extra for this. Aldi had a pocket PC with all the bits and pieces for a satelite navigation system for £300 or so. Its only going to get cheaper.

Remember that another remote key costs £50 or so. A basic key is approximately £20.

If you want an extended warranty, get a quote from somewhere like

or
and read _all_ the small print. The devil is in the detail. You can get good warranties that aren't from the manufacturer, but make sure you know what you're buying.

Don't pay extra for one. You get better sound quality from an aftermarket head unit for £150 with all the fitting accessories. For £250 you can get a Pioneer DEH-P77MP which has _much_ better sound quality.

You might not have a choice on this. My car has traction control and it has been good once or twice. On the night last year when people ended up sleeping on the M11, I had to get up a "hill" that was covered in sheet ice. The height of the hill was only a couple of metres high (its in the fens), but the traction control definitely helped.

If you want a lot of these options, then the Ghia model might well be worth going for. It means you get a few extras that may be nice to have (eg a second interior light for the back seat passengers and a variable speed intermittant wipe. I bought a new wiper stalk with the variable speed intermittant wipe for £35. It only took a minute to fit it.

The downside with a Ghia is that you also get naff bits of chrome and walnut trim.

Reply to
Andrew Henry

Commented on a couple items...

Reply to