Pollen Filter in the Ford Focus!

My parents have a Focus, 1.6 T-Reg, i believe there is a pollen/air con filter? can anyone point me in the direction of finding this? I must admit to not looking so far as a mechanic mate stated he aint got
a clue where it is.......So i thought i'd ask for advice before wasting my time!!
There is no such filter on the focus. The filter is only on luxury cars and those would have to be changed once a year.
On 5 Sep 2003 14:12:35 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Buz) wrote:

Wrong

Wrong
Probably correct
--
Alan
http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/cabinfilter.htm Try this.

It would be helpful if you knew what you were talking about before passing your knowledge onto others.
--
Paul Giverin

British Jet Engine Website
I have a 2000 SE model and there is no mention of such a filter on the manual. I even looked at the engine compartment and there was none. So I know what I'm talking about!

What we have here is a failure to communicate, and a slight regional misunderstanding. There is definite content differences on either side of the Atlantic. For example, the North American Focus does not offer the option of the automatic climate control which we Europeans can have. I see nowhere on the US webpage any mention of a pollen filter with the US car, so it may be that while the UK cars Paul is familiar with have a pollen filter, the US cars do not.
However, pollen filters are certainly not limited to luxury cars.
regards Stephen
writes

"Stephen F." wrote:

The US cars (at least my 2000 Focus wagon) don't come with the cabin air filter, but they do have a place to fit one.

In the US it may be called the cabin air filter
If it is fitted you will not see it from the engine compartment. It's under a narrow cover between the back of the bonnet (hood) and the windscreen.
From the Ford US site
Many Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles built since 1997 are equipped with a Motorcraft® Cabin Air Filter. While most people may not even know their vehicle has such a feature, they can certainly benefit from its performance.
Does Your Vehicle Have a Cabin Air Filter? You can find out in your vehicle Owner’s Guide. You can download a copy of your vehicle Owner's Guide in Glove Box Manuals.
How it Works The Cabin Air Filtration System filters outside air, which enters the passenger compartment through the vehicle’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
Air entering the vehicle can contain millions of microscopic particles such as dust, pollen and spores. The Cabin Air Filter can remove airborne particles that are larger than 3 microns (a grain of sand measures about 200 microns).
--
Alan
writes

Here is How To site: