Pollen Filter in the Ford Focus!

My parents have a Focus, 1.6 T-Reg, i believe there is a pollen/air con filter? can anyone point me in the direction of finding this? I must admit to not looking so far as a mechanic mate stated he aint got a clue where it is.......So i thought i'd ask for advice before wasting my time!!

Reply to
Buz

There is no such filter on the focus. The filter is only on luxury cars and those would have to be changed once a year.

Reply to
flipinoy

In message , flipinoy wrote

Wrong

Wrong

Probably correct

Reply to
Alan

this.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Pierce

What a coincidence I just installed mine today. Instead of a pollen filter ford put a corrugated plastic to block large objects like leaves. It really only takes about 10 minutes to install... just have to remove the plastic shroud under the passenger side windshield wiper.

I got the FP38 filter from the dealer for $20 + tax.

If you follow the directions on the

site it's really easy. Going on a road trip tomorow will let you know if it makes any difference.

--Mike

Reply to
Mike S.

In message , flipinoy writes

It would be helpful if you knew what you were talking about before passing your knowledge onto others.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

I have a 2000 SE model and there is no mention of such a filter on the manual. I even looked at the engine compartment and there was none. So I know what I'm talking about!

Reply to
flipinoy

What we have here is a failure to communicate, and a slight regional misunderstanding. There is definite content differences on either side of the Atlantic. For example, the North American Focus does not offer the option of the automatic climate control which we Europeans can have. I see nowhere on the US webpage any mention of a pollen filter with the US car, so it may be that while the UK cars Paul is familiar with have a pollen filter, the US cars do not.

However, pollen filters are certainly not limited to luxury cars.

regards Stephen

Reply to
Stephen F.

In message , flipinoy wrote

In the US it may be called the cabin air filter

If it is fitted you will not see it from the engine compartment. It's under a narrow cover between the back of the bonnet (hood) and the windscreen.

From the Ford US site

Many Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles built since 1997 are equipped with a Motorcraft® Cabin Air Filter. While most people may not even know their vehicle has such a feature, they can certainly benefit from its performance.

Does Your Vehicle Have a Cabin Air Filter? You can find out in your vehicle Owner?s Guide. You can download a copy of your vehicle Owner's Guide in Glove Box Manuals.

How it Works The Cabin Air Filtration System filters outside air, which enters the passenger compartment through the vehicle?s heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.

Air entering the vehicle can contain millions of microscopic particles such as dust, pollen and spores. The Cabin Air Filter can remove airborne particles that are larger than 3 microns (a grain of sand measures about 200 microns).

Reply to
Alan

The US cars (at least my 2000 Focus wagon) don't come with the cabin air filter, but they do have a place to fit one.

Reply to
Mark Olson

It's located below the passenger side windshield wiper and under that black plastic cowling. And in many models, there isn't one there! Ford has saved a couple bucks by not putting the filter in the holder.

I think you'll find in your owner's manual a listing for "cabin air filter" in the index -- and nothing on the indicated page.

Problems with leaks in the Focus after changing the filter have been reported here numerous times.

So, you really what you're talking about?

Reply to
Tony Wesley

Here is How To site:

Reply to