Potential new owner

Hello all

I am looking to buy a Focus soon after the new year a TDCI if I can find one. Can anybody give me any advice or guidance as to what to look for and what I should get for

4-5K or so.

Any advise most welcome

Thanks

Rob

Reply to
Rob + Louise Evans

Not sure about the TDCI part since I'm not even sure what that is--but my suggestions are to avoid the 2001 and earlier models and if at all possible, get the optional side air bags, ABS brakes and traction control (or whatever Ford calls it). I hope these are possible in your price range.

Craig (with an '01 in Flagstaff, AZ)

Reply to
Craig

Few tips:

Most esential buy car with Climate pack (air conditioning) ventilation system is of very poor design in Focus. (a lot of problems with fogging during winter and heat during summer if without air conditioning)

Buy car from 2001 or newer.

There is old version of diesel engine TDDI better avoid.Go for TDCI (comon rail engine)

If something don't like on car just walk away there are plenty of used focuses out there.

Check if floor mats are wet some Focuses are not very good at keeping water away from car there are leaking at air filter under windshield.... (another joke design of focus)

Look for used joints if hear strange noise bumps on bad road from front of the car probably some joints are worn... (could be expensive better avoid)

You could find low milage 1.4 engine (best fuel economy for petrol) but it is a bit underpowerd, acceptable if you don't need a lot of power. For good fuel economy choose diesel but most have high milage... Avoid cars without service history..

Generally (if above mentioned is ok) car is quite good buy for used car....

Reply to
Dreamer