power door lock problem

Hello, my car has developed a power door lock problem that is getting increasingly worse. sometimes, especially in the mornings or after work but not limited
to these times, when I use my key to lock or unlock the car from drivers side door, it only locks/unlocks itself and the other 3 doors remain locked or unlocked. when I use the passenger side door, it works perfectly and operates all 4 doors. today I was at the dealer for regular service and of course the problems was not there...it was working perfectly. the service guy told me that the left door lock assembly has to be replaced. the part itself is around $190 and I kind of thought that it was little bit too much. I am wondering if there is something that can be done to it before replacing the lock?
Unfortunately, we here in Turkey don't have a wrecking/junk yards (or online used parts stores) where we can go and get the parts that we need.
Thank you all.
Ahmet
Turkey
'01 Focus wagon 1.6 liter
I have a 2000 focus wagon and I found the electrical connector to the drivers doorlock assembly intermittant and after I reconnected it the lock worked it better, also when it is colder there might be grease that is hardening and a shot of spray lube might help, I hear my front passenger door lock squeeking when it operates, I kept blowing the powerlock fuse so I put in a bigger fuse and all is OK now.
You may want to try hitting the unlock button 3 or 4 times.
I have exactly the same problem. With remote control it works perfectly!

well, unfortunately I don't have a remote...It didin't come with it
ahmet