Power Mirror replacement

My daughters focus is now missing the passenger side mirror glass (she claims someone swipped it while she was parked at work... I suppose it's possible as
there is no evidence of breakage, someone took the glass portion of the mirror intact...)
Anyway, how does one get the inner piece off to remove/replace the mirror ? (does it slide out toward the rear of the car or toward the drivers seat ?)
It's a 2000 SE 4dr model
--
John Nelson
: My daughters focus is now missing the passenger side mirror glass (she claims : someone swipped it while she was parked at work... I suppose it's possible as : there is no evidence of breakage, someone took the glass portion of the : mirror intact...)
: Anyway, how does one get the inner piece off to remove/replace the mirror ? : (does it slide out toward the rear of the car or toward the drivers seat ?)
: It's a 2000 SE 4dr model
Well, I got my replacement mirror today... so far, I now know the black plastic part pulls out toward drivers side and then slides toward rear of car (3 clips, one in the center, and 2 on the door edge). One screw with a torques head is visable but the rest I guess is under the door panel...
so, my next task i guess is to remove the door panel (the wire goes into the door panel as well...)
Anyone replaced the passenger side mirror before?
--
John Nelson

Mirror replacement comes up on this group periodically. I did a Google Groups search for "mirror replacement." http://tinyurl.com/hg2nd
Several readers have supplied step-by-step instructions.
-- Don

claims
plastic
clips,
head is

the
You do not have to remove the door panel. to remove the mirror. Unhook the wire the from the mirror that comes through the door frame and attaches to the harnes. There should be some foam there. If you remove the foam you can access a 10mm bolt with a socketg and extension. Remove that and the torx screw and the mirror comes out.
Here's somee pictures
http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/mirrors.htm
Jack