Q: Firestone Firehawk 700

Hi NG

I have a 1.6l Zetech from 2000, and now I have to change the tyres. From new Ford has equipped it with 195/60 R15 88V Michelin Energy tyres.

I am thinking of put Firehawk 700 on it now, and I would like to know any pro and cons regarding these tyres v. Focus.

Regards Claudia

Reply to
Claria

In message , Claria wrote

UK 1.6i Zetec 2001

I'm not impressed with the Firehawk 700 on my Focus.

The tyres are too noisy on some road surfaces in some weather conditions.

On my car the first pair of front tyres lasted around 19k miles and judging by the current wear rate the second set will last fewer miles.

The tyres fitted to the back haven't been replaced and may outlive the second pair of front tyres.

Reply to
Alan

I had Firehawks originally on my 2001 SE Wagon (US). I replaced them with Michelins. Pilot XRT H4, I think. I also have 195/60 15s as you do.

I'm not sure I noticed a difference with noise but the Michelins have much better grip. And one of my Firehawks failed, apparently a puncture rapidly led to low inflation with led to a melted sidewall. Given the history of Firestone tires here in the US, I would never chose them.

Reply to
Tony Wesley

The tyres I have on now has done 55.000 Km and last year I had to put the back tyres in front and the front tyres in back, because both my front tyres had 2 punctures each.

The reason I am looking on Firehawk is that 1 Michelin have af price of

1200,- DKr, $200,- and Firehawk cost 500,-DKr, $82,-. So there are an huge diff. in the price, I can get 2½ tyre from Firestone for 1 Michelin tyre.

Claudia

Reply to
Claria

Well, as I said, the Michelin were better tires. But I can't say they were 2=BD times as good as the Firehawks.

Reply to
Tony Wesley

Have you considered Pirelli? Better than Firestone (IMHO) and significantly cheaper than Michelin -- at least in the US market.

Reply to
Neill Massello

== My Daughter has Pirelli's on her Focus. 25,000 K on them now and still look good. We live in Canada and I expected to have to change them for the winter but didn't have to. Nice tires. Geoff.

Reply to
Geoff

I've just replaced the front Pirelli P6000's on my UK Focus at 21,000 miles. This is excellent performance considering I don't drive gently and a lot better than the Firestone NCT3's I had on my last Focus and lasted barely

12,000miles. A pair of new Pirelli P6000's fitted cost me 132GBP from
238USD or 1537DKr at current exchange rates).

Bob H

Reply to
Bob Hill