Radio/CD display problem.

I have a 2000 ZX3 with the Radio/CD combo. Occasionally the radio will be off when I start the car. When I turn the radio on I get this on the display;"1HR" and the radio/CD works normally except for turning off
unexpectedly at times. I have no idea what it means.
Ron
--
And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right
Freedom55 wrote:

Your radio doesn't think the car is started.
You can play the radio without the ignition key. Try it. Just turn the radio on and you'll see the "1 HR" display, the radio will work, and then it will shut itself off automatically in one hour.

Excellent lyric!
Tony Wesley wrote:

I have had the car for 2 years. Can I turn this feature off?
Ron
--
And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:50:49 GMT, Freedom55 <"joinertake this
:>> Freedom55 wrote: :>> :>>>I have a 2000 ZX3 with the Radio/CD combo. Occasionally the radio will :>>>be off when I start the car. When I turn the radio on I get this on the :>>>display;"1HR" and the radio/CD works normally except for turning off :>>>unexpectedly at times. I have no idea what it means. :>> :>> :>> Your radio doesn't think the car is started. :>> :>> You can play the radio without the ignition key. Try it. Just turn :>> the radio on and you'll see the "1 HR" display, the radio will work, :>> and then it will shut itself off automatically in one hour. :>> :>> :>>>And it really doesn't matter if :>>>I'm wrong I'm right :>>>Where I belong I'm right :>>>Where I belong. :>> :>> :>> Excellent lyric! :>> :>I have had the car for 2 years. Can I turn this feature off? :> :>Ron
If you get that 1HR display when the ignition is on there is something wrong either in the radio or in the wiring to the radio. That should only show up if you turn on the radio with the ignition off.
me/2
Freedom55 wrote:

OK, assuming it might be a radio problem how do I troubleshoot this.