Radio interference UK Focus

Hi,

I have a 2001 UK focus and had a 6000cd fitted when I purchased it, I have notice that my indicators interfere with the radio as does my car kit.

It is more noticeable when listening to talk sport then when listening to any FM stations.

I have powered the car kit from the power to the CD player so this might be the cause of the car kit interference.

Has anybody had this problem and is there a solution.

Thanks

Nick

Reply to
DFNNetNews

Not being from the UK, what do you mean by indicators?

I listen to AM 80% of the time also, I was getting a bad squeal from the radio when I hit the brakes or turn signals, the Ford tech showed my how to alleviate the probelm, remove the inside dome light, and mounting bracket, behind that,IIRC you will need a T20 or T25, loosen the screw holding the underside of the antenna and the signal cable, don't remove it, or you will have a very difficult time putting it back if you don't have a sunroof ( I could reach through the sun roof, hold the antenna, and get my hand to the mounting screw at the same time). getting back to the matter at hand, loosen the screw, rotate the cable a few times and tighten it down slowly, while listening to the radio, you should find a spot where there is little noise, then tighten it all the way down, now that I mention it I should go do that to mine again.

If thats the cause of the problem, that should fix it.

Reply to
me

Thanks for that I will give it a try.

Nick.