radio malfunction

I've got an 03 focus with the factory blaupunkt am/fm cd/mp3 cdc. There are

6 preset buttons, 3 on each side of the screen. The other day for some strange reason, I pressed and held the center button to the right side of the screen (maybe I thought this would preset the selected station, brain fart). Well now all the radio does, is turn on and off about every second, enough to just start hearing the selected station and then it cuts out. On/off does nothing, even turning the ign key off, the radio still continues to cycle on and off. Only way to stop it, is to disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes and reconnect and then the radio stays off until you hit the pwr button, then it starts cycling on and off again. Any fix for this??????????????? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply to
1philo

It *does* preset the selected station...

I am going to be your bestest friend in the whole wide world :-)

I haven't yet got around to writing up a web page on this issue, but I do have the scans of the issue from Blaupunkt. It turns out its a bug in the radio firmware that occurs when you are setting a radio preset with RDS on when the station is sending blank text for the station name. This often happens when the station scrolls between station name, artist name and track name in the RDS information.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Sturgeon

THANKS JON!!!!!!!!!!!The procedure worked perfectly. You ARE my best friend in the whole wide world!!!!!!!!The local dealership wanted $150 min. just to send it in. Thanks again!

Reply to
1philo

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Blaupunkt were no help at all in admitting this problem, but the service guys at "Midwest Electronics" were great - they recognized the symptoms right away and faxed over the memo for free.

If anybody needs to buy some Blaupunkt stuff, check these guys out, customer service like that deserves to be rewarded:

Jon

Reply to
Jon Sturgeon