Rattling Noise from AC?

Well, I decided to use the AC on my 2003 Focus ZX-5 (2.0 and auto) and I'm hearing this weird sort of rattling noise. The ac works fine and all, but I'm perplexed at the odd noise it's making. I don't use the AC often since I drive with the windows down most of the time. Does my lack of using the ac have anything to do with it? If there's a problem, it's under warranty, but I'd just like to see if I could figure it out. Thanks.

Mojo

Reply to
Mojo JoJo

My brother said when he bought his Focus, that the garage said to run the AC for at least an hour a week to keep it in good working order.

Don't know if there is any truth in doing that though?

Reply to
Rollasoc

Hey.

If you regularly park your car outside it could just be something simple like a leaf blowing around in the duct work. My old car regularly spit leaves at me throughout the winter because I parked it outside under some trees.

Erin

Reply to
Erin Peterson

Ooo, sounds like a good idea. I park my car outside and surprise surprise, it's under a tree. I'll investigate it tomorrow. Thanks. :-)

Mojo

Reply to
Mojo JoJo