Rattling - tailgate end?

My 53 plate (UK) Mk2 Focus has a really annoying rattle at the rear which is driving me crazy. It appears to be worse at startup when travelling at
relatively low speeds and sounds like the parcel shelf loose (it isn't as I tried that) or one of the rear seats not secured properly. I have had the contents of the boot emptied but it's still there so I just wondered if there are any classic or common things I need to look at or that are particularly common with this car?
I know it's a long shot but worth asking before I take it all to bits!!
Cheers
Paul
Copied from a car report - worth checking
Tailgate Listen for a rattle from the boot area when driving over rough roads.
(Ensure you have fixed the tailgate).
If there is a rattle, the nylon rubber that sits around
the latch on the striker plate of the boot will
probably have vanished.
Number plate Push and pull the number plate, if it rattles, it is probably the cause of
a rattle that can be heard when driving.
The number plate needs some foam strips behind it.

I have the same type of a clunky noise from A 2001 Focus se station wagon, but so far havent located the trouble.

Newsgroups: alt.autos.ford.focus Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 7:41 PM Subject: Rattling - tailgate end?

That happened to mine a few years ago. The mechanic said it was a screw securing the bumper to the car body, and that it had happened on his and taken him ages to find it.
That's as specific as I can get unfortunately, as I wasn't there at the time to see which specific area he was talking about.
Gary.