Re: 100K miles anybody?

im on 70k and its as tight as a drum still!
MC

My '03 has 140k and my '04 has 80k ... I'm not real happy with tire wear on either car, and I've tried the four major brands available here in the states. The factory alloy wheels seem to bend easily, so I eventually went to 14" rims from Ford Escorts with a taller tire. Other than the expected consumables, fuel pumps, brake rotors, brake pads, and the associated parts that go with the all important tune-up I'm happy with the cars. I've dodged the bullet as far as coil springs go, and I'm really impressed with the tie rod ends they use now. (80k seems to be the average replacement for me but I have the advantage of my people doing alignments at 20k intervals). They're good for basic transportation but I still think my old Escorts were better.
Happy modeming, Bill
Berkshire Bill wrote:

Got all of you beat, 2003 ZX3 208,745 miles. Normal timing belt changes. Fourth set of tires, factory set lasted less the 40,000 miles, factory four wheel alignment was off, have had little to no abnormal tire were sense. Replaced alternator because bearings went bad around 145,000 miles. No broken springs. Changed plugs at 130,000 miles. AC a little week in 90 + degree F (32 C) temperature. The car runs as well as the day I drove it off the dealers lot. I am experiencing some stalling when engine is not under load, manual transmission. I am told that is the result of carbon deposits in the throttle body.
--
John in the sand box of Marylands eastern shore.

John R Cambron wrote:

John, you're the champ.
I have 100,000 miles.
Just had the *original* rear brakes done. Front brakes lasted 70,000 miles.
Springs just broke, replaced under extended warranty. They also replace the fuel pump and the read door latches. I had the timing belt serviced and the front sway bar links were bad. Oh, and my 3rd DPFE. First two DPFEs were under warranty.
Tony Wesley wrote:

DPFE ???
I for got to mention that the left inter front brake pad fell off around 135,000, so I had to replace both front roters. Had the pad not have fallen out I would likely still be running the factory brakes.
I am fully confedent that I will get more then 1,000,000 mile out of my ZX3 Focus before I retire it and replace it with low milage used Focus or Escort.
--
John in the sand box of Marylands eastern shore.

John R Cambron wrote:

DPFE = Differential Pressure Feedback EGR. Note the nested acronym.
The DPFE fails, it runs rough at times, fuel economy suffers, and the check engine light comes on. It's $42 and looks pretty easy to replace. The car was in getting other stuff, so I told them NOT to run the diagnosis, and IF they would charge me no more than 1/4 hour, then replace the DPFE. "Well, it could be other things, yadda yadda." Given the cost and the odds, I just went for the DPFE. Looks like it fixed it.
Tony Wesley wrote:

Thank you.
--
John in the sand box of Marylands eastern shore.

2001 Yellow ZX3 115K Kms in 2yrs.
-Shifter Cable and an emissions sensor.