Re: 2000 ZX3: Three Years On, with a Disquisition on the Seats

Excellent post, thanks.

-- Raider Rick "Just drive, baby"

Reply to
Rapid Rick

"Rapid Rick" wrote":

Thank you and you're welcome, in that order.

The rattle, for those interested in mysterious front-end noises, turned out to be a bad passenger side "link" on the front "track bar". These are the terms used on the dealership work order. $20 parts, $70 labor. Not too bad.

Whether one of the brackets that anchor the bar was itself loose (bolts backed out due to vibration?) or the elastomer bushing held by the bracket had deteriorated or split, I don't know. I still blame the winter whoop-de-doo over several curbs on glare ice. Ice storms *can* be exciting to drive in.

At any rate, the car is its old tight all-of-a-piece self now, doing the famous Focus Comme-ci Comme-ca Lanechange (car moves smartly, tall car body rolls, driver's head tosses from side to side) with the best of 'em.

Ah loves dis cah.

Walt Brand

Reply to
Walt Brand