Re: 2001 Wagon jumps to side when hitting bumps

On Sunday, July 15, 2001 3:35:48 PM UTC-7, Gene wrote:

This looks like it just dropped off the map. Did anyone ever find a soluti on? I've had a 2004 Wagon for 5 years now and put on 110,000km (bought it at 50,000km) and this winter it began to lurch sideways when moving from ba re to slippery pavement and back. Has never done this before, same winter tires and no obvious damage or wear in the suspension. Apart from that the car still handles incredibly well, I regularly push this car to the limit or a little further in corners and have never had cause for concern. Only noticable on transitioning between slippery and non slippery surfaces.
On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 06:57:20 -0800, blowitoutyourwazoo wrote:
[...]

Did this change in behaviour occur after tyre replacement by any chance?
Because the Focus handles so well, it really needs premium tyres.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:22:14 AM UTC-8, Chris Whelan wrote:

Tires were not changed when the problem appeared. Tires are a step up from what was supplied new. The problem is is detectable when one tire is on a w et paint line and the other is not (if you are looking for it). It feels l ike an alignment issue but tire wear is negligible. I may take a little to e out of the front to see if improves but it feels like the rear.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I had a similar issue (I thought a wheel was loose) which turned out to be bad tires. I rotated the front tires to the rear and put new tires on the front and the problem was solved.
In my case it nearly always happened at higher speeds on a bumpy highway on curves but sometimes on straights as well. Very unnerving...
--
John Nelson