re;Advice - Warning - Focus (Ford) Keys

have tried on ebay for one of the keys mentioned earlier post but came up blank(no pun intended), any one got any links etc ???
tia
mickey muffin

I just did a quick sear for Ford Focus Key on the US eBay site and found several PATS key blanks.
Craig
"Craig" wrote...

PS--Make that a quick "search". Blanks look to be in the $10-15 range.
Another thought is to check at local hardware stores. The last time I walked by the key area at my local ACE hardware store, I saw a device on the counter. You put your key in the device and it identifies the kind of transponder that you have. They then will sell and cut for you a matching key leaving only the programming for you to do. I admit I haven't tried this ACE hardware method as I bought a couple blanks for my '01 ZTS on eBay, had them cut, then programmed them myself since I had two original working keys.
Craig
Craig wrote:

    I'd like to get a spare key. How do I program it myself? Thanks, TP

Many of the folks selling keys on eBay will include an instruction sheet. Alternately (at least for my '01 model Focus) your Focus Owners Manual should give the procedure as well. I found this on the web as well which is probably the same procedure:
http://www.fordf150.net/howto/patskey.php
Craig

You need 2 working keys to program it your self. My 2004 procedure is
get your 2 programmed keys.
Here are th einx from my manual
1. Insert a previously programmed coded key into the ignition. 2. Turn the ignition from the 3 (OFF) position to the 4 (ON) position. Keep the ignition in the 4 (ON) position for at least one second, but no more than 10 seconds. 3. Turn the ignition to the 3 (OFF) position. 4. Remove the previously programmed coded key from the ignition. 5. Within ten seconds of removing the previously programmed coded key, insert the other previously programmed coded key into the ignition. 6. Turn the ignition from the 3 (OFF) position to the 4 (ON) position. Keep the ignition in the 4 (ON) position for at least one second but not more than 10 seconds. 7. Turn the ignition to the 3 (OFF) position. 8. Remove the previously programmed coded key from the ignition. 9. Within twenty seconds of removing the previously programmed coded key, insert the unprogrammed key (new/valet key) into the ignition. 10. Turn the ignition from the 3 (OFF) position to the 4 (ON) position. Keep the ignition in the 4 (ON) position for at least one second, but no more than 10 seconds. 11. Your new, unprogrammed key is now programmed. If the key has been successfully programmed it will start the vehicle's engine and the theft indicator light will illuminate for three seconds and then go out. If the key was not successfully programmed, it will not start your vehicle's engine and the theft indicator light will flash on and off, or stay on for more than three seconds. If failure repeats, bring your vehicle to your dealer to have the new key(s) programmed. To program additional new unprogrammed key(s), repeat this procedure from step 1 for each additional key.
Try eBay Item number: 300016749413
mykeyless is the guy that I bought my 2002 Ford Focus and 2000 Mazda 626 transponder keys and fobs from. The Focus and all of the fobs for both cars were a piece of cake!

Mike wrote:

I paid $20 for a PATS key from my Ford dealer and they cut it to fit. I programmed it myself since I had 2 working keys already
jack