Re: Focus error codes

The dealer said I need a whole rebuilt transmission. For over $2500.
The OBD computer gave me a P0761 code: SSC functional failure (Mechanical or hydraulic failure of the shift solenoid.) "This causes incorrect gear
selection depending on condition mode and manual lever position." (This is an accurate description of the symptom: it fails to shift into overdrive occasionally.)
So who do I believe? The dealer or the computer?

on