Re: focus TDCi won't start anymore

> all of a sudden my focus 1.8 TDCi won't start anymore > > I started the car, drove 9-10 meters and suddenly the engine turned off. > > Everything works (the van, lights, even the startengine) the only thing > is: the engine won't start anymore. Went to the garage and they examened > everything but found nothing (yet) > > Anyone got any advice on this problem?

Shouldn't you let the garage worry about it? That's what you're paying them for. If you haven't any confidence that they can sort it, go elsewhere.

Reply to
Mark Olson

Well that's just the reason why I'm asking this group because the garage can't find a thing. Everything seems to be in order. They are still looking. I know it's a good garage.

So please does someone have a clue?

Mark Ols>

Reply to
felix

It could actually be a lot of things, starting from a defective fuel pump, the fuel filter, injection or electronics malfunction, a busted glow plug (If that's the proper word for it, i'm just a silly dutchman)

A bit more info would be nice as well. Do the dashboard checking lights work? What happens when you turn the key? Nothing, or is the starter turning and does it just not start?

Reply to
Zweef

All the things you mentioned are checked and OK.

- fuelpump

- glowpoints

- all fuses are checked (even the fuses under the hood)

- checked both keys because of the startonderbreker (don't know the word in english, I'm also a silly dutchman)

- all the checking-lights burn

- start engine turns

- also the motor turns but just won't turn on!!

- the contains diesel-oil and is half-full

- the distribution-belt (I hope you write this this way) is also ok

Checkpoints we missed? Someone?

Felix

Zweef wrote:

Reply to
felix

My 1.6 petrol focus has a fuel-switch that cuts off the fuel in case of accidents. Does your diesel have it?

J. Smit. Netherlands

Reply to
Jan-Wijtze Smit