Re: Newbie Ford Focus Question

==US model made in the US Geoff.
Just to elaborate a bit
Q - Are they made a Mazda, A - No Q - Are they made Overseas A - No, Us focus is made in the US Q - Does a foreign manufacture make them in the US A - No they are made by Ford Q - What is really under there A - A well engineered, well built Ford vehicle.
Anymore questions, try to Post them here as well for a speedy response - www.ozfours.com

Uh, I hate to break it to you, but Hermosillo Mexico is not (yet) located in the USA.

I guess if I want info that's wrong but speedy, I will.

No, but Wayne, Michigan is.

I suppose a polite and helpful response would be too much to expect.
Check the 11th character of your vehicle's VIN. R = Hermosillo, Mexico, W = Wayne, Michigan
http://www.ofoc.ca/garage/vin.html
http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-ford-vin-codes
https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_tools/default.asp
Don
--
Remember you told me to tell you when you were acting rudely
and insensitively? Remember that? You're doing it right now.
Don McC wrote:

Yes. Wayne, MI is where my Focus was built. Other Focus models sold in the USA are built in Hermosillo. Saying that US Focuses are made in the US is wrong, since some of them are built in Mexico.

I think my response was helpful- pointing out that the original poster's information was flat out wrong. If you don't like my response, please feel free to killfile me.
In alt.autos.ford.focus, on the "Re: Newbie Ford Focus Question" thread, Don McC wrote:

Can't get close enough to see the VIN plate? Use this handy body style chart as a backup:
Body Style    Place of Manufacture 3-door hatch    Hermosillo 4-door sedan    Wayne 4-door wagon    Wayne 5-door hatch    Hermosillo
(This is for North American (and maybe South America) markets -- the Europeans have their own manufacturing plants.)
--
Benjamin Robinson snipped-for-privacy@freenet.tlh.fl.us
This message may or may not contain sarcastic content; your burden to decide

AFAIK European Focus are built in:
Saarlouis (Germany) or Valencia (Spain).
Dunno which model were or if there's any distinction at all?
Anyway this is just body&assembly the engine may be made somewhere else in addition to many other parts manufactured elsewhere in the world.
Mine according to FIN in Saarlouis, even if the engine (2.0l manual) runs as if it had been made by Cosworth UK (AFAIK). ;-)
In alt.autos.ford.focus, on the "Re: Newbie Ford Focus Question" thread, Michael Heiming wrote:

Cool. Does this include UK Focii, or are you speaking of Continental Europe?
--
Benjamin Robinson snipped-for-privacy@freenet.tlh.fl.us
This message may or may not contain sarcastic content; your burden to decide
I think that most Europeans think of UK as being part of Europe. Most of the British think of UK as not being a part of Europe when talking about cars. Most British still think that UK market Fords are still made in Dagenham or Wales or Liverpool or somewhere in UK anyway. Mine was built in Saarlouis and I am very pleased with the quality for the price.............
Don't think Ford build any cars in UK any more. Still build engines and manage to find loads of crappy dealers and Ford still the topseller in UK but no factories left.
Our highly skilled and talented car people are too expensive for Ford - not so for Nissan (Sunderland Northeast England) and Honda (Swindon Southwest(ish) England and I believe Toyota (somewhere in Midlands?) - all top quality, efficient units.
Japanese cars are built here in UK for the home market in Japan - best quality at the best price?
BMW build the Mini here - a great success story too for BMW and the Germans.
If you want quality, you have to pay for it..............................
Justin Case

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:30:50 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@freenet.tlh.fl.us (Benjamin Robinson) wrote:
:>In alt.autos.ford.focus, on the "Re: Newbie Ford Focus Question" thread, Don :>McC wrote: :> :>>Check the 11th character of your vehicle's VIN. :>>R = Hermosillo, Mexico, W = Wayne, Michigan :> :>Can't get close enough to see the VIN plate? Use this handy body style :>chart as a backup: :> :>Body Style    Place of Manufacture :>3-door hatch    Hermosillo :>4-door sedan    Wayne :>4-door wagon    Wayne :>5-door hatch    Hermosillo :> :>(This is for North American (and maybe South America) markets -- the :>Europeans have their own manufacturing plants.)
Also the SVT Focus, both 3 door and 5 door were assembled in Hermosillo.
me/2