Re: Question on Starting by Compression

I read that the problem is if you get unburnt fuel passed through to a hot exhaust catalyst. It could then cook the catalyst. Allegedly, passing unburnt fuel through to a cold catalyst wouldn't be so bad.
If you do decide to try (I wouldn't), remember that the steering and brakes will be _very_ heavy without servo assistance.
--
Andrew Henry
snipped-for-privacy@cyberspace.org

my
and
off
fixes.
40
Don't be surprised if Toyotas treat you about the same. Hondas too. Things aren't what they used to be. On an up scale note, Ford has greatly improved the Focus and not everyone has had the issues you have.