Re Removal of screen sticker

Folks
I have a sticker from last April which is stuck fast on the inside of the windscreen.
I have tried boiling hot water and even the wife's nail varnish remover. All
will not shift it !!!
Has anyone a good idea to shift it !!! Before someone does it, no, selling the car is not a good idea !!!!
All the best.
Dee
Deebrief wrote:

http://www.proppersource.com/images/expendables/Goo-Gone.jpg

WD40 is very effective at disolving sticky stuff. Used it many times for this purpose. Though... be careful not to use too much, and you will also need to get something to get the WD40 off the screen once it's done its job!
Gary.
Deebrief wrote:

It would likely not be a water-based adhesive. Remember, the object is to solve (dissolve) the adhesive it, not wash it.

I don't smoke, but I keep a can of cigarette lighter fluid (no, not butane) on hand for removing label glue. Works a treat on most labels, because it's a solvent for whatever they seem to use for adhesive. Plus, it doesn't add something *else* that also needs to be cleaned up, as using a lubricant would.
--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

And they (Americans) wonder why the world dislikes them........
Rudolf Moehs wrote:

John Smith wrote:

I, an American, wonder why you'd think he speaks for all of us.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
I don't - and I know he doesn't, but unfortunately most people (including myself at times) generalise, and this is for them....
Blinky the Shark wrote:

Further - I'm Australian and we have more than our fair share of ignorant know it alls here too - but I was replying to the person who wrote that smartar$e correction...who was an American....
John Smith wrote:

Wow, I can't even begin to figure out what's going on in this thread but I surely didn't make my response with any intension other to try to help with a question someone had. I'll mind my own business in the future.
Rudy

John Smith wrote:

Nor do I, but it looks like others do. Actually, I figured he (the other USan) just awkwardly wrote, "If that's what I know over here in the US as the windshield..." I don't generally chalk up to arrogance what's usually just poor writing. Unless I just feel like raising a stink, which I usually don't. :)
--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
In message

The bit that sticks up at the end of the bonnet.
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com

you mean the hood?
<g>
wrote

language".
For the benefit of any of our friends "over there" who don't know their windscreens from their bonnets see: http://www.effingpot.com/motoring.shtml

I dont know if it works for you but I have had pretty good luck with removing parking stickers by heating them up with a hair drier and they peeled off easily.
ahmet
turkey
Should have mentioned this earlier
Eucalyptus Oil - removes almost ANYTHING - smells great too and is good for the environment!!