Re: (UK) Leaking windscreen - What damage?

I had the leak into the passenger footwell which my Ford dealer fixed under warranty. I recently removed the black plastic cover over the air intake housing to see what the he had done, expecting to see that sealant had been
applied. Their fix was a suprise: they simply inserted a piece of plastic coated cardboard (the kind use in car widows to show the price.) over the air intake housing. They had duct-taped two pieces together and shoved in in so that it formed an arc over the housing, so that the water runs off of the top and air can get in on the sides. I doubt that this is what is in the TSB, but it works.